Motivational Monday is nice but its only 1/7 of our week, so let's set the tone for a little motivation everyday.
I once read that will power is something we possess and never lose. However, to draw from that "power" we need to ignite the fire we call motivation. So to say that I ate all of the cookies Nancy baked me in one sitting because I have no will power is inaccurate. Rather, I had no immediate motivation. Well I did, but I simply ignored it. You and I have motivation everyday, we just need to be reminded of it sometimes. We need to be present.
Motivation for Movement:
- Run two 5k races in one weekend:
- 1st Annual 5k for the Kathleen M. Rotz Lung Cancer Research Fund (CLICK TO SIGN UP)
- 3rd Annual Miles for Moody (CLICK TO SIGN UP)
- Be on the first winning team from Nex Level Fitness at the Nex Level Olympic Games. That's right, we host it, but haven't won yet. Come on guys. (CLICK TO SIGN UP)
- Change your body composition. (WARNING: LIFTING WEIGHTS WILL PROMOTE LEAN MUSCLE TISSUE, CAUSING AN INCREASE IN YOUR METABOLIC RATE, THUS LEADING TO WEIGHT LOSS)
- Losing just an inch from your waist reduces your risk of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and getting tired while playing with your kids. It increases your risk of feeling confident and living to see your great grandchildren.
- Getting outside and going for a walk, jog, bike ride, or practicing yoga is scientifically proven to reduce anxiety and make your smile bigger.
Exercise has an endless list of benefits, but here's a simple one: movement enhances the chemicals in our brain that make us happy. It gives us a better sense of well-being. So regardless of your other motives- running a 5k (or two - sign-up for both and JUST DO IT!), losing weight, or being able to play with your kids- moving everyday might be the best thing you can do for yourself. Your happiness depends on it.
Here is my little mover Jack, going wild with movement.