5 Tips For A Better New Years Eve Weekend
Happy New Year to all of our amazing members and their friends and family. Wishing everyone a fun and safe evening!
Starting 2016 off on the right foot starts with a plan...
1. Let's eat at least two healthy meals before the NYE parties. We have a feeling there is nothing healthy in the fridge because of all the running around the past week. So, WHERE TO GO FOR HEALTHY FOOD?! Isn't that a frequent thought? We like Zoe's Kitchen in Montgomeryville (recommended: Salmon Kabobs), Wegman's (Salad Bar or Fresh Meals to Go), and Chipotle (recommended: Salad with Chicken).
2. Get some exercise in. Even a walk is better than nothing!
3. Have an idea of what you're eating or where you're going for breakfast. A night of drinking is typically followed by a morning of greasy foods, so attempt to avoid this course by preparing ahead. If you think you'll feel better with a juice in the morning, come by today or tomorrow (New Years Day - we're here from 10 am until 12 noon) and pick one up! We recommend greenLIGHT, brightEMERALD and fusionZEST).
4. Consider meal prepping for the weekend. Make yourself a few go-to meals for the days to come. One of our favorite recipes is:
- Ground Turkey sauteed in 1 T Coconut Oil
- 3 T Fresh Pico de Gallo
- 1 Cup Steamed Broccoli
- *optional* A few crushed/halved walnuts for texture
5. Realize that you don't have to do what everyone else is doing. The only thing that matters is what YOU are doing. If you want to party, by all means go have an absolute blast. With the day off and access to incredible juices at the gym, you can afford to. If you want to lay low and drink a glass of wine with your family, cheers. If you want to read a book and be in bed by 10, nerd the heck out. No one is stopping you from enjoying your night the way you want to.
Here's to a Happy & Healthy 2016! Cheers :)